Tile & Stone
Please be sure to reference your tile floor warranty for specific care requirements! For your general information, however, here are some basic tips and facts:
- As needed, sweep your floor to remove dirt and grit.
- Wipe spills promptly.
- Damp mop once a week (or more often for heavy traffic areas) using a special cleaner we can recommend—just ask your sales associate for guidance.
- Make sure the cleanser you use is a neutral pH compatible with grout cleaning. Never use detergent or soap, which can dull the surface or promote mildew growth. Cleaners should never contain acids, vinegar, chlorines, or ammonia, as these chemicals can damage and discolor both the grout and the stone or tile.
- Use protective mats in entryways and pads under furniture legs.
- Make sure you wait the proper time for grout to cure before you apply a sealer.